As you all know, I can never sit still. Not only do I move around at least once a month because of medical school, but I also have the bad case of the travel bug.
2016 has taken me to many new places, places I never thought I’d ever be able to see. Places I never had even imagined, meeting new friends for a lifetime and making of course unforgettable memories. I thought 2015 was going to be hard to beat, but 2016 raised the bar even higher. 2017, where will you take me this year?
Click here to see My 2015 year of travel.
All photos are from my Instagram.
1. Ended 2015 singing for the Pope at the Vatican, and so began 2016
2. Exploring the cold, cold Chicago with my newly-met relatives
3. Started my new life in a new medical school in a new city, Linköping, Sweden
4. Weekend escapade with friends to Tallinn, Estonia
5. As usual, I always seem to come back to Hong Kong
6. Explored the country of my birth Philippines solo for the first time in my life
7. Oh, and I also learned how to surf in Baler, Philippines
8. …and celebrated 20+ years of friendship with my childhood best friend Chy in Bohol, Philippines 🙂
9. Celebrated my sister’s 25th birthday in Iceland
10. Met the Pope together with 2 million other Catholic youths during the World Youth Days in Krakow, Poland
11. …and met the Pope again during the Swedish Papal visit in Malmö
12. Getting lost in translation in Tokyo, Japan
13. Living the tropical paradise dream in Guam, USA
14. Where I really did make memories and connections worth a lifetime
I knew 2015 was going to be hard to beat, but 2016 delivered. But now comes 2017, my final year in medical school (if all goes as planned). Even though I know I’ll have a tough final year ahead, I have a feeling I’ll still end up getting lost in translation in a new city or on another beach in another tropical paradise. Or well, I hope so anyway.
To kickstart my 2017 year of travel, New York, see you in less than two weeks! 😀