This year, I must admit, I travelled more than I ever have before. Most probably because it’s also my final year in medical school ever = final year of freedom from real responsibilities. I even reached my 50th country! Without further ado, here’s my 2017 Year of Travel.
All photos are from my Instagram.
1. Began the New Year in the Big Apple
2. Attended my very first Indian wedding in Leicester, UK
3. Seeing good old friends in London a month later
4. Watching beautiful sunsets in Boracay, Philippines
5. Interned as Dr. Sam in Philippine General Hospital, realising how grateful I am to live in a country like Sweden
6. Represented my choir and sang with hundreds of other choir singers around the Nordic region in Oulu, Finland
7. Passed by Tallinn, Estonia for a weekend
8. Learnt how to scuba dive in Subic, Philippines
9. Rode a kalesa in Vigan, Philippines
10. Discovered beautiful natural springs in Bicol, Philippines
11. Made a quick trip to Hong Kong Disneyland
12. Visited paradise in Pangasinan, Philippines
13. A quick stop over in my paradise home in Subic for a few days
14. After a quick stop over in Subic, I got to sit in the cockpit of an airplane for the first time ever!
15. Escaped winter and interned at the Royal Children’s Hospital in Melbourne, Australia for four weeks
16. Got to finally dive the Great Barrier Reef in Cairns, Australia
17. Made a quick stop over and explored Singapore for a few hours
18. Returned to Philippine General Hospital for my final rotation and delivered my first baby!
19. Finally got to see the beautiful Hundred Islands in Pangasinan Philippines with Jonas straight from the airport
20. Happily ending this year and starting the next, with this guy by my side in the country of my birth ❤
PHEW! That was a long list. Definitely the longest ever. It was a good year of travel, and we’ll see where 2018 will bring us! However as now that I will start working, probably not to very far away places. But my wandering soul will forever remain.
Happy new year everyone! 😀 ❤